Simple prep. Made to recipe. Really liked the honey-mustard sauce on the chops & really disliked the roasted tomato/spinach salad -- don't know why that part didn't please us because all the ingredients are things we like. Oh, well. Served with steamed multi-color fingerlings.
Honey-Glazed Pork Chops and Tomato Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 307mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine tomatoes, 1 teaspoon oil, thyme, and garlic on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Roast at 425° for 17 minutes.
- 3. Combine honey, cider vinegar, and mustard in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle pork evenly with salt and pepper. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan. Add stock to pan; cook 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove pan from heat; stir in honey mixture.
- 4. Place tomatoes, spinach, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl; toss to coat. Serve salad with pork and sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This