Photo: Mark Thomas; Styling: Gerri Williams
More From Allyou
Rest: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 2105mg
- 1 8- to 9-lb. bone-in, fully cooked smoked ham
- 20 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Remove tough skin from ham, leaving a thin layer of fat. (Ham will look a bit raggedy after this step.) Using a sharp knife, score fat in a diamond pattern. Press a clove into center of each diamond. Transfer ham to a large roasting pan and pour in 1 cup water. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 2. Make glaze: In a bowl, whisk brown sugar, orange juice, honey, ginger and mustard until smooth. Remove foil from ham; brush with a third of glaze. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Brush with half of remaining glaze; bake 15 minutes longer, adding more water to pan if necessary to prevent scorching. Brush with remaining glaze. Bake, checking every 15 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of ham registers 140ºF, about 30 minutes longer. Tent ham with foil if it is browning too quickly.
- 3. Remove ham from oven and let rest, loosely covered with foil, for at least 20 minutes. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold with assorted mustards.
Also featured in: Homemade for the Holidays SIP, All You, December 2013
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note