I served this dish for a large Christmas gathering a few years ago to rave reviews. I forgot about it until this year, when flipping through my cookbook looking for something else. I realized I had all the ingredients on hand and thought I'd add it to the buffet table. It was a hit again, and my s-i-law called me that night for the recipe so she could serve it to her in-laws. Beautiful colors, wonderful flavor, and very easy to throw together. I followed the recipe exactly. We served it with a Prime Rib Roast, mashed potatoes, green beans and a salad. It looked beautiful on the table sever in a crystal bowl. I made 2pounds of carrots, had 11 adults, 4 teens and 5 little ones. There wan't a morsel left. Next time I might make 3 pounds for this crowd.
Honey-Glazed Cranberry Carrots
A simple carrot dish like this is a bonus for the busy holiday cook.
Yield: 4 cups
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 pounds carrots
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 15 to 20 minutes or until glaze is thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, peel carrots, and slice into 1/4" diagonal slices. Place carrot in a large saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Add carrot to honey-cranberry mixture; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note