Sooooo gooooooood. Soooooooo easy.
Honey-Gingered Carrot Soup
This must-try soup comes together in less than fifteen minutes. The next time cool weather hits and you're craving a warm cup of soup, whip up a bowl of carrot soup.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 160
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 20.7g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 664mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen sliced honey-glazed carrots (such as Green Giant), thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Plain fat-free yogurt (optional)
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- 2. Place half of soup mixture in a blender or food processor. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining soup mixture. Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with yogurt and thyme sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note