Delicious with or without the ginger. Served with basmati rice. Quick, easy, healthy, minimal clean-up. A winner!
Honey-Ginger Glazed Salmon with Arugula Salad
Serve an elegant, company-worthy dinner in just 40 minutes. A mixture of lemon juice, honey, ginger, and garlic acts as both a marinade and a glaze for the salmon.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 396
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 16.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 36.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 378mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 2/3 cup sage honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups trimmed arugula
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine honey, 2 tablespoons juice, water, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour honey mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; arrange fish in pan, skinned side up. Let stand 20 minutes. Turn fish over; sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush fish with honey mixture; broil 7 minutes or until fish is browned and flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, oil, and pepper in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until blended. Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Serve salad with fish.
- Wine note: Honey intensifies the rich meatiness of salmon in this dish, which requires a clean, crisp wine. I love Havens Albariño 2004 from Napa Valley, California ($24). (Albariño is a Spanish white grape.) -Karen MacNeil
If sage honey isn't available, substitute alfalfa or another light-colored, mild honey. For bolder flavor, try a dark honey, such as gallberry.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes