Honey Curried Quinoa Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 cup(s) quinoa soaked overnight, then drained
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1.5 cup(s) broccoli flowerets
- 1.5 cup(s) cauliflower flowerets
- 1 cup(s) carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup(s) red onions minced
- 4 cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/3 apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1) Place the quinoa, water, salt, bay leaf and curry powder in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to very low, cover, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes, then turn out into a large bowl and cool, stirring occasionally.
- 2) While the quinoa is cooking and cooling, blanch the vegetables just until bright and crisp tender -- don't overcook. Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking and drain very well.
- 3) Whisk the remaining ingredients together to blend.
- 4) When the quinoa is cool, add the dressing and toss to coat it evenly. Then add the broccoli, carrots, red onion and cilantro – or any of the substitutions you’d like to use – and toss.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CalRose42 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note