- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Combine egg and honey, mixing well. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in reserved egg mixture and pecans. Mix well.
- Shape into a roll, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets, and bake at 375° for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note