The bottom part of the cake was hard. I didn't burn it. It was just hard. It really "deflated" after it cooled. It was lovely when I took it from the oven. All the "milks" poured on did not help the flavor. The whipped cream frosting was the best part, yum! I won't ever make this again. It was expensive with 7 eggs and 2 canned milk products. Not worth the bother.
Honey-Cinnamon Tres Leches Cake
Prep: 30 min., Bake: 25 min., Stand: 2 hr., Chill: 2 hr.
Yield: Makes 16 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 large eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon SPICE ISLANDS Ground Saigon Cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon SPICE ISLANDS Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 5 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, beating just until blended.
- 2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 to 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5. Meanwhile, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons honey, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl until blended.
- 6. Pierce top of hot cake generously with the end of a wooden spoon. Gradually pour milk mixture over cake, about 1/3 cup at a time, spreading to edges. (Allow mixture to completely soak into cake between batches.) Let stand 2 hours. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- 7. Beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream at medium-high speed until foamy; add remaining 3 tablespoons honey, beating until soft peaks form. Spread over top of cake. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings