I think I managed to mess this recipe up with too much chipotle peppers and sauce, but adding more butter helped cut it so it wasn't too spicy for other people. It came out great and I also used the butter to baste the ribs I made at the same time. It all came out GREAT!!
Honey-Chipotle Grilled Corn
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 3.6g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 491mg
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup mild-flavored honey, such as clover
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ears fresh corn in husks
- 1. Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-hot (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above cooking grate only 3 to 4 seconds). Combine chiles, butter, honey, garlic, and salt in a blender and whirl until smooth.
- 2. Put unhusked corn on grill and cook, turning occasionally, 15 minutes. Husks will blacken. Transfer to a work surface, remove husks, brush ears generously with butter mixture, and return ears to grill. Grill until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Serve warm, with remaining butter.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per ear.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables