Very good. Added mushrooms and it was delicious.
Honey Cashew Chicken with Rice
Photo: Johnny Autry
Forget takeout and cook in with super-fast Honey Cashew Chicken with Rice. A flavorful and sweet sauce is tossed with the chicken mixture with a splash of Sriracha added for depth.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup rice and 1 cup chicken mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 17.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Protein: 29.1g
- Carbohydrate: 50.9g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 638mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted cashews, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. Combine chicken and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss to coat.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola and sesame oils. Add chicken mixture, and sauté for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Increase heat to high, and add broccoli and the next 4 ingredients (through red bell pepper). Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is done, stirring frequently. Stir in cashews.
- 4. Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Serve with rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note