I tried it once and it worked out great.
HONEY BUN CAKE
Wonderful cake anytime....serve warm. Really yummy!!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- in a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs and sour cream
- stir by hand approximately 50 strokes, or until most large lumps are gone
- pour half of the batter into an ungreased 9x13 inch glass baking dish
- combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the batter in the cake pan
- spoon the other half of the batter into the cake pan, covering the brown sugar and cinnamon
- twirl the cake with a butter knife or icing knife until it looks like a honey bun (or whatever design you want to make)
- bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean
- frost cake while it is still fairly hot
- serve warm
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING:
- in a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gigicate and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
HONEY BUN CAKE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings