Honey and Brown Sugar-Crusted Ham
A dark brown sugar crust makes this ham incredibly yummy. Any leftover slices should make their way onto biscuits.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
- 1 (9- to 10-lb.) ready-to-cook, bone-in ham shank
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Slice away hard outer skin from ham with a sharp knife, leaving a thin layer of fat. Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score top of ham in a diamond pattern; insert a meat thermometer into ham, making sure it does not touch fat or bone.
- Bake ham on lowest oven rack at 325° for 1 1/2 hours. Remove ham from oven, leaving oven on. Brush ham with honey. Combine sugar and spices; pat over honey, coating ham well.
- Return ham to oven, and continue to bake at 325° for 35 to 45 minutes or until thermometer registers 148°. (Cover ham with aluminum foil during the last 20 minutes, if necessary, to prevent excessive browning.) Let ham stand 15 minutes before carving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note