Prepare the crumb topping the day before the party. Prepare and bake the tomatoes an hour before; keep warm in a 200° oven.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 8 medium-size ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 white bread slices
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Place ripe tomato slices in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Drizzle with honey, spreading honey into hollows.
- Process bread in a food processor or blender until finely chopped.
- Stir together breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over tomato slices. Dot with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until tomato skins begin to wrinkle.
- Broil 5 inches from heat 5 minutes or until tops are golden. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Honey-Baked Tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This