Honey-Baked Figs with Ice Cream
- 12 fresh figs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1. Heat the oven to 425°. Cut the stems off the figs. Rub the oil over the figs and put them in a baking pan, stem-side up. Cut a cross in the top of each fig, cutting almost to the bottom.
- 2. Drizzle the honey over the figs. Top each one with a piece of the butter. Bake the figs until they open up like flowers, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven.
- 3. Put the figs on plates, add the water to the pan, return the pan to the oven for 1 minute, and then stir to make a sauce. Drizzle the sauce over the warm figs and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
- Variations: Sprinkle one-half cup chopped walnuts or pistachios over the figs after the first seven minutes of cooking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts