I was excited to try this recipe but instead of crunchy I got soft granola. I have never made granola before so I have no idea what went wrong! I will try and make again, hopefully with better results.
Honey-Baked Chunky Granola
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup whole natural almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried cranberries or blueberries
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup dried organic coconut flakes
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in orange rind, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- While syrup cooks, toss together oats and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Pour syrup over oat mixture, and stir until coated. Using hands coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, very firmly press oat mixture into a large lightly greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake at 275° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toasted and browned (do not stir). Let cool completely in pan.
- Toss together cherries and next 3 ingredients in large bowl. When granola is cool, break apart into chunks, and gently stir into dried fruit and coconut. Store granola in airtight jars up to 5 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This