Honey Angel Biscuits
Yield: Makes 4 dozen
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (105° to 115°)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Honey Butter
- Combine yeast and warm water in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Combine yeast mixture, buttermilk, and honey, and add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 1 minute.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with Honey Butter.
- NOTE: You can store unbaked dough in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads