Agreeing with what cb124808 said, it did take an extra 10-12 minutes. That was no problem! This is an easy recipe, fun to make, absolutely delectable, and is a great recipe for someone who's just learning how to cook. My boyfriend also enjoyed it! We paired it with long grain and wild rice and some Pinot Grigio. This dish would be good any night of the week and can be dolled up to even be a fancier dish. Definitely going to make it again. :)
Honey-and-Lemon Baked Chicken
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.23
More From Allyou
- 4 (4 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey, preferably dark
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, scrubbed clean, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a chicken breast half between two sheets of wax paper. Using a meat pounder, rolling pin or bottom of a small skillet, gently pound chicken until evenly flattened. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Melt butter with honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until smooth and blended.
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish large enough to hold it in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Pour warmed honey mixture over chicken and place lemon slices on top.
- Cover baking dish loosely with foil and bake until chicken is opaque and firm to touch, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon juices from bottom of baking dish over chicken and lemon several times. Sprinkle chicken with rosemary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note