Honey Almond Brittle
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 ounce(s) slivered almonds toasted
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- To make the brittle: Combine the granulated sugar, honey and water in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Boil, without stirring, until the mixture turns a deep amber color, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the toasted almonds, butter and baking soda.
- Mix with a wooden spoon just until the butter melts and the foaming subsides.
- Pour the mixture into a nonstick or lightly greased baking sheet and set aside to cool.
- Once the brittle has hardened, break it up and crush to fine crumbs in a food processor.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Note: To toast nuts, arrange in a single layer on a baking pan.
- Bake in a 375F oven until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Allow nuts to cool before using.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Hiimcindy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Honey Almond Brittle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts