Truly outstanding!!! Having lived in Charleston and enjoyed shrimp and grits for years this is superb!!
Hominy Grill's Shrimp and Grits
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp (31/40 count)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Creamy Cheddar Cheese Grits
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Toss shrimp with flour until lightly coated, shaking to remove excess.
- 2. Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- 3. Sauté mushrooms in hot drippings 4 minutes or just until mushrooms begin to release their liquid. Add shrimp, and sauté 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute (do not brown garlic). Add lemon juice and next 3 ingredients; serve immediately over Creamy Cheddar Cheese Grits. Sprinkle with bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This