Hominy Grill's Pimiento Cheese
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
Hominy Grill's Pimiento Cheese adds a splash of bourbon to its cheese mixture of sharp Cheddar and Parmesan. Ancho chile powder and ground cumin give this pimiento cheese its zip.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced pimiento, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese (1 1/2 lb.)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh cilantro
- Stir together mayonnaise, pimiento, bourbon, ancho chile powder, cumin, and freshly ground pepper. Stir in Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until well blended. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note