Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
One of the keys to fluffy spuds is returning the cooked potatoes to the warm, dry pan you cooked them in for mashing.
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (we tested with Yukon gold)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook potato in boiling water to cover 20 to 25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well, and return potato to pan. Add butter, and mash until butter melts, using a potato masher. Add cream, salt, and pepper; mash to desired texture.
- Solid Gold:
- If you're unfamiliar with Yukon gold potatoes, there's a reason. Yukon golds are relatively new to North America; they were first introduced in 1980 ... lucky for us!
- Yukon gold potatoes are a yellow-fleshed potato, known for their buttery flavor and creamy texture. Quite versatile, they can be used for baking, broiling, or frying--but we particularly like them mashed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This