Homestyle Green Beans
You can't beat old-fashioned green beans for a simple side dish that suits the whole family.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water and salt. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; keep warm.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in sugar and next 4 ingredients. Add tomato, and cook, stirring gently until thoroughly heated. Pour tomato mixture over beans, and toss gently. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This