Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 348
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbohydrate: 34.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat skillet with cooking spray; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Add soup and buttermilk, stirring well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in mixed vegetables and potato. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in pimiento, salt, and pepper; remove from heat.
- Place piecrust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Gently slide baked piecrust over mixture in skillet.
Note: It's easier to cube raw chicken if you freeze it just until it's firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles