- Cooking spray
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- calories 348
- fat 12.7 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- protein 23.3 g
- carbohydrate 34.6 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 49 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 650 mg
- calcium 48 mg
How to Make It
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat skillet with cooking spray; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Add soup and buttermilk, stirring well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in mixed vegetables and potato. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in pimiento, salt, and pepper; remove from heat.
Place piecrust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Gently slide baked piecrust over mixture in skillet.
It's easier to cube raw chicken if you freeze it just until it's firm.