The Homestead Shrimp Creole Fricassee
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, peeled tomatoes
- 3 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sauterne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- Rice Mold
- Melt shortening in a large saucepan over medium heat; add flour, and stir until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until roux is the color of a copper penny. Stir in onion, green pepper, and celery; cook until tender.
- Add clam juice to vegetable mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in tomatoes, shrimp, wine, and seasonings; cook 20 minutes over low heat. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Spoon mixture over Rice Mold to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes