Homemade Yellow Rice
This is an excellent yellow rice recipe that doesn't have MSG! Use it alone for a great side dish or add it to the Chicken and Yellow Rice with Black Beans Recipe. Start it while you brown the chicken and add to the chicken pan with a cover for the last 20 minutes.
- 4 Tablespoons butter (can substitute olive oil)
- 1 medium sized onion (larger will make rice more flavorful)
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 can (2 cups) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. Put 2 T butter in sauce pan, melt. Finely chop onion in food processor or chopper. Add to butter. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add rice, cook until rice glistens. Add broth, water and turmeric, stir until turmeric is dissolved. Cover and let cook!
- 3. When rice is finished, stir in last two tablespoons of butter and add salt and/or pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margiek and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note