Homemade Turkey Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Homemade Turkey Soup
- You can make the most of even the smallest pieces of leftover meat on your holiday turkey. I simmer the bones to get the rich flavor, then easily remove any meat that remains. I add rice, vegetables and cream soup for a hearty soup that's tasty and economical. —June Sangrey, Manheim, Pennsylvania
- 8-10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 2 hours 35 min.
- •1 leftover turkey carcass (from a 10- to 12-pound turkey)
- •2 quarts water
- •1 medium onion, halved
- •1/2 teaspoon salt
- •2 bay leaves
- •1 cup chopped carrots
- •1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- •1/3 cup chopped celery
- •1/4 cup chopped onion
- Homemade Turkey Soup (continued)
- 2 of 2
- Ingredients (continued)
- •1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- •Place the turkey carcass in a stockpot; add the water, onion, salt and bay leaves.
- Slowly bring to a boil over low heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- •Remove carcass; cool. Strain broth and skim off fat. Discard onion and bay leaves.
- Return broth to the pan. Add the carrots, rice, celery and chopped onion; cover
- and simmer until rice and vegetables are tender.
- •Remove turkey from bones; discard bones and cut turkey into bite-size pieces. Add
- turkey and cream soup to broth; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Homemade Turkey Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews