In the rice dish are you suppose to wash the rice and drain it before putting it in the skillet? Some do some don't need to know to be sucessful in making this dish which i can't wait to try.Oh one more thing i noticed in rice recipe you said add tomatoe sauce was none mentioned in recipe ,was the diced drained tomatoes concidered the tomatoe sauce?Have to know for sure because rice not folowed right can be a bad batch and believe me i should know i have eaten my mistakes Ha ha! Thanks again Kathy
Homemade Spanish Rice
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 cup(s) medium long white rice
- 3 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes drained
- pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 In a large skillet brown rice in olive oil, medium/high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook onion rice mixture, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes, or until onions are softened.
- 2 In a separate sauce pan bring stock to a simmer. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and salt. Add rice to broth. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Lower heat and cook 15-25 minutes, depending on the type of rice and the instructions on the rice package. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kathychild and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note