Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 to 8 whole(s) tomatoes Peeled
- 2 to 3 whole(s) jalapeno peppers De-Seeded and Cored
- 1 whole(s) small white onion Cut in half
- 6 clove(s) garlic Peeled
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) white vinegar Boiled
- Homemade Salsa Recipe:
- Start with homegrown, store bought, or whole tomatoes with cores removed. In a medium size pot bring water to a boil then using tongs hold tomatoes under boiling water for 25 seconds or until the peelings start to split. Put tomatoes in ice water to cool them down. Remove tomatoes from cold water and peel with a knife. Cut into pieces that will fit into your food processor. Cut jalapeños in half de-Seed them and remove cores. Cut up one half of a small onion into pieces that will fit into your food processor. Add garlic cloves or garlic powder, or minced garlic, onion, and jalapeños to the food processor first and pulse them in the food processor. Next, add tomatoes to your food processor and pulse until its the consistency that you like. Pour it all in a bowl and add salt pepper and boiled vinegar and stir up. Leave out to cool completely before refrigerating.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChrisR75 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Homemade Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
- CUISINE: Southwest
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor