Homemade Pumpkin Purée
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 28
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 0.8mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 Sugar Pie pumpkin or other deep orange-fleshed squash, about 2 lbs. (or larger)
- 1 to 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cut pumpkin in half, using a large, heavy knife and a mallet to tap knife through flesh. Scoop out and discard seeds. Rub inside of pumpkin with oil. Set pumpkin cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 2. Bake until very soft when pierced, at least 45 minutes (up to 75 minutes for a very large squash). Scoop out flesh into a food processor and whirl until smooth. If purée is watery, drain in a fine strainer about 30 minutes.
- Make ahead: Chill up to 3 days, or freeze up to 6 months.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Homemade Pumpkin Purée Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments