Homemade Pepperoni Calzones
A very good recipe from www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1626,146189-255198,00.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Pizza Dough
- 1 package(s) Quick Acting Dry Yeast (2.25 tsp)
- 1 cup(s) Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Veg Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 - 3 1/4 All purpos Flour
- Calzone Assembly
- 1 8 oz Jar Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz Thinly Sliced Pepperoni
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Egg Beaten
- Prepare pizza dough. Punch down dough; divide into 6 equal parts. Roll each part into 7 inch circle on lightly floured surface. Take the spaghetti sauce and spread over half of each circle to within 1 inch of edge; top with pepperoni and cheese. Carefully fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal securely. Place sandwiches on greased cookie sheet; let rest 15 minutes. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brush sandwiches with egg. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Yield: 6 sandwiches, 355 calories per sandwich.PIZZA DOUGH DIRECTIONS: Dissolve yeast in warm water in a bowl. Stir in sugar, oil, salt and 1 cup of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up. Cover and let rise in warm place until almost double, about 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Homemade Pepperoni Calzones Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza