Great recipe. Simple but good.
Homemade Mac 'n Cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) pasta- we like shells, elbow macaroni, or wheels
- 1 pound(s) sharp white (or yellow) cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 4 cup(s) milk
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9in pan (sometimes I use a 10x10 pan instead).
- 2. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- 3. Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour, salt, pepper, and onion powder and stir until it forms a paste.
- 4. Add milk and bring to a boil. Let boil for one minute or until sauce thickens.
- 5. Remove from heat and add cheese (save a couple of handfuls for topping). Stir until cheese melts.
- 6. Combine cheese sauce with pasta and pour into prepared pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- 7. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KLMcNelis and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note