I was craving homemade lemonade and this was a fast and easy recipe to follow. I didn't use lemon rinds because I didn't have any fresh lemons. I also poured myself a glass and loaded it with ice cubes right away instead of waiting the eight hours for it to chill. Lemonade was amazing! Great recipe!! I will use again for our cookout on Sunday.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind*
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups cold water
- Garnish: lemon slices
- Stir together sugar and 1/2 cup boiling water until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in lemon rind, lemon juice, and 5 cups cold water. Chill 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.
- * Lime-Substitute: 2 teaspoons grated lime rind for lemon rind and 1 1/2 cups fresh lime for lemon juice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note