I am a pretty precise cook and this recipe yields over THREE cups. For the Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie I would suggest making half of this recipe. Very tasty but too much of a leftover for other uses.
Homemade Lemon Curd
You'll have about 1/2 cup lemon curd left after making the pie. Serve it alongside the pie, drizzle over fresh fruit, or spread on hot biscuits.
This recipe goes with Lemon Meringue Ice-Cream Pie
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves and butter melts.
- 2. Whisk about one-fourth of hot sugar mixture gradually into eggs; add egg mixture to remaining hot sugar mixture, whisking constantly. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, 15 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats back of a spoon. Remove from heat; cool completely (about 1 hour), stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note