where is the homemade? these are buns out of a can.
Homemade Hamburger Buns
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 1 (48-oz.) package frozen white bread dough loaves
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or poppy seeds (optional)
- 1. Let dough stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Cut dough into 12 equal portions. Place dough portions on a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 2. Shape each dough portion into a 5-inch circle, and place on lightly greased jelly-roll pan. Whisk together egg and 2 Tbsp. water. Brush dough lightly with egg mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- 3. Let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- 4. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake rolls 20 to 22 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut rolls in half crosswise; toast, if desired.
Note: We tested with Bridgford Frozen White Ready-Dough loaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads