Amazing! Everyone loves them. I throw in some chocolate chips too just because I like a little chocolate! My family is always asking for me to make them :) I like that I actually know what goes in to my granola bars, rather than all of the crazy ingredients listed on the store bought ones.
Homemade Granola Bars
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 cup(s) crisp rice cereal
- 2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1 cup(s) dried fruit bits
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced almonds
- Heat the oven to 350º F. Coat a 9- by 13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large pot over low heat. Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the sugar, honey, flour, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan. Using a sheet or waxed paper and the palms of your hands, press the granola firmly into the pan, packing it to a flat and even thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Allow the granola to cool 1 hour in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into bars. Makes 16 to 24 rectangular bars.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Spongerx29 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes