Yield: 3 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine sugar, milk, chocolate, syrup, and salt in a Dutch oven. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°). Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla (do not stir). Cool to lukewarm (110°).
- Add pecans; beat with a wooden spoon 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is thick and begins to lose its gloss. Pour into a buttered 8-inch square pan. Mark warm fudge in 1 1/3- inch squares. Cool and cut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note