Homemade Flat Bread
Resting Time: 1 Hour
- 1 package(s) active yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Sugar
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt course
- 1 tablespoon(s) Thyme Fresh leave
- 3/4 cup(s) Water
- 1 teaspoon(s) oil
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the yeast, sugar, flour, salt and thyme. Pulse to combine. Add the water in a steady stream until the dough begins to form a ball, turn it on to a board and knead with the heel of your hand until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Coat a bowl with oil. Place dough in bowl, and cover with a damp cloth. Put in a warm spot to rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- When the dough has doubled in size, punch the dough, scrape it onto the counter and knead it lightly into a smooth ball. Cut into 20 pieces and with a rolling pin roll out to form very flat 5 to 6-inch circles.
- Preheat a stove top grill pan over medium high. Do not oil. Place bread on hot grill and cook without touching it until you see bubbles on the surface, about 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and continue to cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until bread has puffed up. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TommyMassey and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note