Homemade Egg Noodles
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 quarts water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup toasted bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Make a well in center of flour. Break 1 whole egg in well; draw part of flour into egg, using the fingertips of one hand. Repeat procedure with remaining eggs. Add milk, and stir well. Turn dough out on lightly floured surface; knead 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball, and place in a container; cover tightly. Let rest in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Roll dough out to 1/16-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface, stretching with each roll. Hang dough up to dry about 30 minutes. Roll into a scroll, and cut in 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices. Unroll, and hang up until completely dry.
- Combine water, salt, and oil in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add noodles, and cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain well.
- Combine toasted bread cubes and butter, tossing lightly; sprinkle over noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes