This is a very good dish. I have been making this for years and my husband and kids love it. A bit to casual for a company meal, but a good comfort food recipe. It makes a large amount and we always have leftovers, easily reheats in micro. I don't always make a cornflake topping, it is also fine without it and not really missed.
Homemade Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) frozen hashbrowns
- 3/4 cup(s) butter melted, divided
- 1 can(s) cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint(s) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 cup(s) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) crushed corn flakes
- Defrost hashbrowns.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and next six ingredients with hashbrowns in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup butter and sprinkle over top of hashbrown mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RecipeRipper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note