This is a very good dish. I have been making this for years and my husband and kids love it. A bit to casual for a company meal, but a good comfort food recipe. It makes a large amount and we always have leftovers, easily reheats in micro. I don't always make a cornflake topping, it is also fine without it and not really missed.
Homemade Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) frozen hashbrowns
- 3/4 cup(s) butter melted, divided
- 1 can(s) cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint(s) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 cup(s) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) crushed corn flakes
- Defrost hashbrowns.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and next six ingredients with hashbrowns in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup butter and sprinkle over top of hashbrown mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RecipeRipper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note