So smooth and so much nicer than the real Kahlua for a fraction of the price to make it.
Homemade Coffee Liqueur
More From Southern Living
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup instant espresso
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur (optional)
- 1 (8-inch) vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar and instant espresso, whisking until completely dissolved. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in vodka and, if desired, chocolate liqueur until well blended. Pour mixture into a 2-qt. glass bottle. Add vanilla bean. Cover tightly with lid, and shake thoroughly. Let stand in a cool, dark place 1 month, shaking at least once weekly.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Godiva Original Chocolate Liqueur.
Prep time does not include 1 month stand time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note