I love this recipe. I have fixed 4 times and everybody I serve it to, really loves it. I keep Kahlua bottles around, so when its ready, I just pour it into them. People will buy the org Brand and they wonder why the store bought liquer dosen't taste like mine....haha. Any thanks much
Homemade Coffee Liqueur
More From Southern Living
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup instant espresso
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur (optional)
- 1 (8-inch) vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar and instant espresso, whisking until completely dissolved. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in vodka and, if desired, chocolate liqueur until well blended. Pour mixture into a 2-qt. glass bottle. Add vanilla bean. Cover tightly with lid, and shake thoroughly. Let stand in a cool, dark place 1 month, shaking at least once weekly.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Godiva Original Chocolate Liqueur.
Prep time does not include 1 month stand time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This