Homemade Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Spread your favorite sandwich bread with a hearty helping of this homemade chicken salad, and you've got yourself a satisfying - yet simple - lunch or dinner.
Yield: 4 sandwiches (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 34.1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 666mg
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 celery stalks, halved
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Greek seasoning
- 4 curly leaf lettuce leaves
- 8 (0.66-ounce) slices light oatmeal bread
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Drain; remove chicken, and cool. Discard liquid.
- Remove meat from bones; coarsely chop chicken. Combine chicken, grapes, and pecans in a bowl. Stir mayonnaise, mustard, and seasoning into chicken mixture. Cover and chill.
- Place lettuce on each of 4 bread slices; top each with 3/4 cup chicken salad and remaining bread slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches