- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 (32-ounce) container unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 6 ounces whole-grain rotini (such as Barilla; about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 4 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken thigh, shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- calories 273
- fat 8.1 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 25 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 58 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 618 mg
- calcium 56 mg
How to Make It
Heat a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add carrot, onion, and celery; sauté 5 minutes.
While vegetables cook, pour 2 cups water and stock into a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes. (This saves up to 10 minutes in the pot.)
Add hot stock mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Stir in thyme and pasta; reduce heat to medium, and cook 8 minutes.
Add chicken, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated and pasta is tender.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.