Homemade Caramel Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) double-strength vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1. Microwave cream on high 30-40 seconds or until hot; set aside.
- 2. Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in 2 quart saucepan.
- 3. Cook on medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until sugar is melter.
- 4. Reduce heat to low; stir until honey colored. (To check color, place a small drop onto a white paper plate; repeat until honey color is achieved.)
- 5. Remove pan from heat.
- 6. Slowly add cream (mixture will bubble dramatically), stirring constantly until smooth.
- 7. Add vanilla and salt.
- 8. Cool 5-10 minutes.
- Makes 12 servings (3/4 cup)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Homemade Caramel Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
More Recipes for Main Dishes