Homemade Candy Easter Eggs
- 8 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 cup black walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 (3-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 (6-ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 (8-ounce) bars milk chocolate
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- Royal Frosting
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Add walnuts, coconut, cherries, and vanilla; mix well. Shape dough into 66 ovals about 1 1/2-inches long; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets, and chill overnight.
- Place chocolate in top of a double boiler over hot water, stirring until chocolate melts. Using 2 forks, quickly dip each candy oval into chocolate mixture; return to baking sheet. Chill until chocolate is firm; store in a cool place. Decorate with Royal Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Candy