I made the rolls exactly as explained except I cut the recipe in half. I also brushed the top with a little melted butter before baking. This was my first time every baking rolls and it was so easy. Will definitely make them again because they were a huge hit.
Homemade Butter Rolls
- 2 (1/4-ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Stir together yeast, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 2 cups warm water in a 4-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir together yeast mixture, remaining sugar, and butter in a large bowl; stir in egg and salt. Gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Turn each portion out onto a lightly floured surface, and roll into a 12-inch circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up each wedge, starting at wide end; place on greased baking sheets. (Rolls may be frozen at this point.) Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden.
- NOTE: If unbaked rolls are frozen, place frozen rolls on ungreased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place. (85'), free from drafts, 2 hours of until doubled in bulk. Bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Homemade Butter Rolls Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breads