This is a great recipe. The only thing I did to change it was to add a little tobasco and some chicken broth instead of some of the water.
Home-Style Lima Beans
More From Southern Living
- 5 bacon slices, diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1. Cook bacon and onion in a large Dutch oven over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes. Add brown sugar, and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in lima beans and butter until butter is melted and beans are thoroughly coated. Stir in 12 cups water.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 hours or until beans are very tender and liquid is thickened and just below top of beans. Stir in salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables