- 4 1/2 pounds boneless round steak, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 (14 1/3-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 4 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
How to Make It
Brown steak in oil in a large Dutch oven. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 to 3 hours, stirring frequently.
Note: If a thicker chili is desired, simmer an additional hour, stirring frequently.
Oxmoor House Homestyle Recipes