Best baked bean recipe ever. I use Original Recipe Bush's Baked Beans, 1 large red onion cored, peeled and chopped and a whole pound of bacon well cooked, drained and chopped. The beans are sweet enough without the brown sugar so I leave it out. I leave out the mustard as well.
Home-Style Baked Beans
- 2 (28-ounce) cans baked beans with tangy sauce, bacon, and brown sugar
- 1 sweet onion, quartered
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 bacon slices
- Stir together first 5 ingredients; pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with bacon.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Broil 5 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 1 minute to brown bacon.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Bush's Original Baked Beans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note