- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons warm lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of red pepper
- 1 dozen medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 (3-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits
How to Make It
Place yolks in top of a double boiler; place over simmering water. Beat yolks with a wire whisk until they begin to thicken. Add boiling water; beat again until egg mixture begins to thicken. Gradually add 3 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon juice, butter, salt, and pepper; beat until well blended.
Carefully fold in shrimp, mushrooms, and drained pineapple. Heat thoroughly, and serve immediately over fish rolls.